Just before he dies Jesus paints a picture of what is involved in being his effective followers:
- Staying tightly connected to him
- Loving each other
- Engaging with the people and world around us
How are we doing on each of these, are these things we need to work on?
Reading: John 15:1-25
Questions to think about:
- In verses 1-11, Jesus speaks about the importance of “remaining in him”. Why is it vital?
- In verses 12-17, Jesus calls on his followers to love each other. How important is this, what are its implications?
- In verses 18-25, Jesus recognises some of the challenges of living as his followers. How much have we forgotten this or are put off by it?
- What overall message does this have for being a disciple and seeking to make more disciples?