In this powerful and strange story, we see Abram responding to God – firstly with questions and uncertainty and then with faith and belief.
God reminds him of:
- Who he is – the Lord
- What he has done – brought him out from his home country
- What he will do – give him the land
- What experience do we have of God, his acts and his promises?
Reading: Genesis 15:1-21
Questions to think about:
- What picture of God appears from this passage?
- Review how Abram responds to God’s words and promises in this passage. Do you see yourself responding in similar ways?
- How would you feel if God told you that one of his promises wouldn’t come into effect for over 400 years (v13)?