One man is called to follow Jesus – and the first thing he does is introduce someone else to Jesus.
When this second man hears Jesus speaking to him, explaining how much he knows about him, he recognises how great and special Jesus is.
Are we following Jesus; are we introducing others to him; are we listening to Jesus and recognising the wonderful person he is?
Great examples but challenging questions.
Reading: John 1:43-51
Questions to think about:
- Jesus “found” Philip. What does this tell us about Jesus?
- Philip finds Nathanael and tells him what he had found. How does he refer to Jesus, what is he trying to communicate?
- Nathanael is sceptical. What do you think of how Philip responds?
- After speaking with Jesus, Nathanael is convinced. Why do you think his views changed?
- What does this story tell us about being a disciple of Jesus?
- What does this story tell us about making disciples?